2nd ANNUAL PRECAST INDIA SUMMIT 2021
COVID-19 has impacted all of us in many ways, changing our lifestyle, values and beliefs significantly. The COVID 19 impact across the economies was sudden and wide spread however, this will present unprecedented opportunities for us to respond and reset some of the baselines for the construction sector in India. The industry will now not only have to provide for safety features that it has incorporated so far, but advance planning and improved project management will become the need of the hour. Precast factories would serve the needs better than traditional concrete mixes on site. Safety gear, masks, sanitizers, infrared thermometers, disinfectants would be part of the arsenal. Drone technology would become hugely necessary too.
India has approximately INR 61 trillion worth of projects under various stages of development and implementation which were impacted due to the pandemic. Considering all of the above, and the demand for affordable housing becoming a need of the hour for the country, a gradual shift is occurring and precast building technology is rapidly gaining a foothold in the Indian market. This is due to the fact that the precast structural systems possess several advantages compared to conventional cast-in-situ concrete systems, such as quality control, speedy construction, and suitable application to regularly modular systems. The best part of the technology is that it not only speeds up construction work and reduces costs but also enhances the quality of the final output.
The 2nd Annual Precast India Summit will focus on the development of Indian precast market and also address challenges such as precast design strategy, project management/ auditing, carbon free construction, safety and rigidity of precast structures. The summit is a platform to get all the stakeholders together to deliberate not only on speeding up construction work and reduces costs but also enhances the quality of the final output.
Head of Precast Design
Head – MEP
L&T Realty Ltd.
Col. Ajay Kumar Singh
Head of Operations – Construction Management
Lodha Developers Ltd.
Nyati Construction Pvt Ltd.
Deepak. A. Suvarna
Chief Projects Officer
Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd.
Dr. A. Meher Prasad
Department of Civil Engineering
Vice President-Corporate Head MEP
Keshri Ranjit Singh
Associate Vice President
Dheeraj Realty Pvt. Ltd.
Associate Vice President – Procurement
K Raheja Realty Pvt. Ltd.
S. K. Gupta
Engineering Projects India Ltd.
Assistant Vice President, Head – Commercial (Contracts & Procurement)
Omkar Realtors Pvt. Ltd.
Lokhandwala Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
Head of Department- Design & Development
SD Corporation Pvt.Ltd.
Vice Chairman, National Building Code of India & Chairman
Senior Vice President – Projects
Lokhandwala Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- An insight on the construction industry post Covid-19
- How can project stakeholders and owners better achieve project outcomes following the COVID-19 impact?
- Building materials and technology promotion council (BMTPC) approved precast techniques
- Designing resilient buildings by harnessing performance based design (PBD) for residential projects
- Utilising ultra high performance concrete with compressive strengths to allow for thinner, lighter precast elements
- Navigating roadblocks surrounding efficient structural connections and joining systems for your precast structures
- Understand how you can partially start implementing precast technology on your ongoing project and reduce time and cost
- Learn the use of building information modelling (BIM) in precast application for complex building design
- Understanding how you can select the best approach to increase operational efficiency in precast installation
- Making sure you maximise your contractual benefits and safeguard the interest of the project
- Learning the latest precast guidelines from building materials and technology promotion council
- Understanding how 3D printing can help you with manufacturing complex structures
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
- Functional heads of:
- Project Management
- Design, Technology & Fabrication
- Commercial, Procurement & Sourcing